Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Blustery.

Today's weather was good for autumn or poor for summer. It depends which season we are now in. As it's August it should be summer but it feels a lot more like autumn. Lots of wind and a fair amount of sun but getting chilly when the clouds darkened the sky. 
This morning I had a lovely time visiting a friend who lives a few miles away. Luckily the weather was nice enough for us to sit out on the deck from where we had views of the sea and Wales beyond. I am so jealous of her sea view and the garden is spectacular but I would never be able to look after a garden of that size.
We were joined by 2 more friends both of whom worked in schools so we had lots to chat about. Naturally we went on a long ramble around the garden. It's so big that at every corner there is a new glade, pool or stream. Rather like being in an enchanted woodland.
The flowers on the Hydrangeas were enormous, some of them the size of footballs.
I stayed on for lunch, homemade butternut squash soup followed by homegrown salads with chicken not to mention homemade Chelsea buns. I had brought along some of yesterday's biscuits which went down well but then anything with butter, sugar and chocolate stands a good chance of being tasty.
Then it was time to go home and give my teeth a good scrub before going to see the hygienist at the dentists. She was an absolutely lovely girl. Newly qualified, chatty and very helpful. She's a local girl and had gone to the same school as my boys but wasn't in Romas' class so didn't know him. She talked me through the various options for dentures and looked at my x-rays before giving my teeth a clean. Apparently my oral hygiene is very good and my teeth were pretty clean. The bone loss is not that serious but she took measurements and I'm going back to her in 3 months time. I talked about tooth whitening with her as mine are not stained but are more yellow than white. But to have them done at the dentists would cost £500 !!! Perhaps I'll wait till all my teeth fall out and then I can have some gleaming dentures. I got caught in a heavy shower on the way home from town but now the sun is shining again.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely, lovely photos of your friend's beautiful garden. A sight for sore eyes.