Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 December 2014

Boxing Day.

Wet, wild and windy today. Snow has been forecast for North Wales but not this far south yet. Vytas and Sally braved the elements today, clad in our Gortex coats, and went for a long walk around Watersmeet. Peter and I have been having a much needed rest. I did some housework in the morning before relaxing in front of the PC. 
We have discovered the identity of our under shower nibbler, Vytas saw it in the spare room while he was wrapping presents and last night it was sitting there when I went in to get something from my sewing box. It sat there just looking at me until I tried to get closer. It's a Wood Mouse or possibly the larger Yellow Necked Mouse. Either way we are not too keen on it making a home in the house, who knows what it might decide to nibble? And I don't think Alex would enjoy sharing her room with a noisy rodent. I'll buy a humane mouse trap and release it far from home and the resident rat catchers.
The 2 butterflies are still hanging around on the window sill. I've decided to call them Butt 1 and Butt 2 (short for butterfly of course.)

No comments: