Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 13 December 2014

Sunny.

The sun has been shining today though the garden has mainly been in the shade. Peter had to go off to work - again. I waited until the sun was above the hill before venturing out to do some more work on the wall. The papers are gloomily forecasting a month of bad weather, I don't know what would be worse, lots of rain or extreme cold. The oil tanker came yesterday so we won't run out of oil and there is all that wood in the shed too.
The wall is nearing completion, now there are fewer stones it is harder to find the right stones to fit securely. I knew it was time to stop when I spent 5 mins looking for a mud covered trowel amongst the stones and clay.
Before I started work Jack came round with a card and this lovely poinsettia. I haven't started putting up decorations yet but I couldn't resist getting out some tinsel.
Peter has just come home and soon we are off to see the last of The Hobbit films. What on earth will we do next year?

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely blue vase and bright, cheery poinsettia.

happyone said...

I sure could use a little sunshine. Haven't seen it since sometime last week.