Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Chilly.


Yesterday I wore my big moonstone pendant to school to liven up a rather plain top. When I got home I looked in the mirror and shock horror! the moonstone had fallen out of its setting. I looked in the car but nothing so I left a message on the school answer phone asking our school secretary to keep an eye out for it. My worry was that to a child it would look like 'treasure' and to a parent it might just look like a piece of glass. Imagine my relief when I walked up the stairs this morning to see it lying at the back of a step. It's now been firmly super glued back into the setting.
It was a lot colder this morning with a chill wind blowing. Most of the sky was a wintry grey with the sun trying to shine through the thin clouds. Over the sea the sky was a clear blue with the occasional cloud. Peter went and picked up the new tv yesterday, a very good Sony flatscreen that fits perfectly, so today I took the old tv and a box of assorted old electrical stuff down to the dump. I also called in at Tesco's but the basic hairdryers were sold out, people seem to have gone crazy buying stuff for Christmas. Even though it was the middle of the day the shops were full of people, all that happy family Christmas advertising on tv has got people thinking they need to shop every day for the rest of the month.
Driving home  after work the setting sun had turned all the clouds pink.
 Looking east.

 Looking west.
 Over the bay and Appledore.
 Dartmoor in the distance.
 Looking back from Ashelford Corner.
Arriving home I was really pleased to see that my neighbour had cleared away his rubbish dump from the top of the bank that overlooks the house. The assorted plastic and junk had not been a pleasant winter view but now it's all gone.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lucky you to have found your moonstone.....lovely necklace. Your photos bring my eyes such beauty that I sit and inspect them. Shopping...here in Michigan the shopping until you drop is in overdrive. Nuts.