Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 December 2014

Foggy.

I made an attempt to do some outside work this morning but after only 10 mins the heavens opened and I had to beat a hasty retreat. So my morning was spent on housework, making flapjacks and wrapping presents. 
The warmer day caused one of the butterflies to go for a little walk around the window sill. The other one was sitting inside the curtain. 
Driving in to school at lunch time I had to smile at the small, perfectly formed, round cloud that was hanging in the entrance to the Muddiford valley. By the time I made the return journey the cloud had become more of a fog bank. 
And as I drove further up into the hills I could see other fog banks lying in the steep valleys of the North Devon hills. 
My poor Ugg boots ended up getting wet and muddy as I tried to find good vantage points to take photos. The fog banks above show the lie of the Muddiford Valley which runs from L to R across the photo.
Looking back down the Lewis' hill I could see the fog layer that I had driven under when I turned off from the main road.

On the final bit of my journey it looked as if our valley was also filled with fog ....
... but it was only a thin layer at the level of the low hill behind our house.

1 comment:

happyone said...

They make for beautiful photos.
Lots of fog around here this morning.