Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 December 2014

Stormy.

It's been stormy all day with sudden quick showers and even some hail. I wrapped up well and took myself outside to carry on with the wall. During the brief showers I sheltered in the conservatory but for most of the time it was pleasant to be out listening to the wind chimes clanging away and the wind whistling through the trees. I felt a sense of achievement when I completed re-laying the first row of stones all the way up to the pillar which was my goal today. Digging out some well established ferns took  a while as I didn't want to take any chances on them growing back again. Soon after I had cleared up for the day the rain set in for good.
I had just cut up some melon for a healthy snack when I heard the tell-tale sound of the compost bin scrap box being raided in the kitchen. There was Patch happily munching on a melon rind. I put him and his melon rind out in the conservatory where he ate the whole thing and then came back and stole another one. (He also loves raw potatoes, cucumber and mushrooms.)
I spent the rest of the afternoon making some zany Christmas cards for my friends. (Will show them later.) Instead of my usual salad for supper I've defrosted some of my pumpkin soup.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Patch has an interesting diet. You have accomplished a great deal. Hope you enjoyed your soup.