Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 December 2014

Sunny.

A lovely sunny day today but quite a chill wind. For the last 2 nights we've been watching the extended editions of the LOTR films so  we had a late night and unsurprisingly woke up late too. But that's the joy of the holidays, not being tied to a rigid timetable. Peter and I did contemplate going out for a walk with Sally and Vytas but with our various aches and pains it didn't seem a good idea. I'm coughing a lot at the moment and just going out in the garden made my chest ache so I thought I had better be sensible and stay home. Sally and Vytas went off for a good hike over Trentishoe Common.
Looking out of our window first thing this morning I saw 3 deer in the woodland next door. They were grazing  in a patch of sunlight near the fence but by the time I ran down to get the camera they had melted away into the trees. They were back a little later when I was able to take some photos. 
After their walk Vytas helped by Sally split more logs and brought them in so we're looking forward to another roaring wood fire tonight as we watch The Return of the King.
I have to report that Butt 2 has met its demise. It kept fluttering onto the carpet and though we kept a watch for it I found it somewhat flattened in the next corridor around the corner. Butt 1 is still going strong. 

No comments: