Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 December 2014

Windy.

Wild and wet weather this morning made the perfect conditions for a long lie-in this morning watching the clouds racing across the sky while listening to 2 omnibus editions of The Archers. It was dry but still windy in the afternoon so suitably wrapped up (I love that quote from Alfred Wainwright - There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.) I got on with my wall building. I haven't built a wall in such a haphazard way before, reinforcing my drystone technique with dollops of cement behind the stones, but hopefully it will work. All the stones that I used originally are still there so it is like putting together a 3-D puzzle. Once I've got this section up to the correct height I'll pull down the remaining section and re-do that as it is too far forward and has some large ferns growing in it. 
Right now there is a wood fire burning merrily and I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening of Strictly and the results show.
Advance warning - the internet hub flashed a yellow light at me yesterday, only for a moment but it might mean that lots of rain will close us down again. So if I go off-line that will probably be the reason why.

No comments: