Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Stormy.

It was so nice last night, lying in a warm bed listening to the storm raging outside. By this morning it had mostly died out and I was able to fit in another hour working on the wall before going to work. I'm not feeling so energetic today because my cold is taking a turn for the worse again. I've had the sniffles all autumn but now my throat is getting sore once more and that achey feeling is back. Last time I treated my sore throat with hot toddies at bedtime (honey, lemon and whiskey) and gargled with mouthwash a couple of times a day. That did the trick and it didn't develop into a full blown sore throat so I shall follow the same treatment once more.
At school I was working with the Year 1 classes looking at the similarities and differences between the way Christmas is celebrated in the UK and Poland. We have several Polish children in school and Polish Christmas traditions are very similar to Lithuanian traditions which gave me some inside knowledge.  After playtime instead of a story I put on a DVD - The Polar Express. I very rarely resort to showing DVDs to the children but they were all quite tired after yesterday's evening performance followed by a morning of writing. For once you could have heard a pin drop in that class.
I left school pretty promptly so that it was still light as I drove home. On the news just now there were pictures of massive storms hitting the coast in Scotland and the north of the country. We are due more wind tomorrow and right now I can hear the wind whistling and the rain lashing against the windows. Time to light the fire I think. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

The one and only thing I like about storms is being inside, warm, a cup of tea and a good book. Take care of your cold.

happyone said...

I love being cozy inside listening to storms.
Hope your throat doesn't get worse.