Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Cold.

Last night I thought I heard more of the mysterious bangs again but sticking my head out of the window there was nothing more than the usual night sounds; the wind in the trees, rushing water in the stream and distant car noises. I stayed looking out of the window for a while at the stars shining in the night sky.
A starry night means a cold night and it has felt pretty cold today. I had an appointment with the dental hygienist this morning so I didn't get a lot done before I had to head off to town. But then I was like a whirlwind, a 10 minute visit to Lidl's before my appointment and then afterwards I went to the Tesco's on that side of town where I got myself a basic hairdryer. At the moment they are doubling the value of your Tesco's vouchers so that was an extra £5 off which was a bonus. Then I topped up with fuel. My car's fuel gauge is not terribly accurate, it stayed at half full for quite a long time, then suddenly dipped to a quarter and from the amount of petrol I put in it must have been close to empty. I better fill up whenever it gets down to half or get the gauge fixed.
All my teaching plans for the afternoon had to be postponed till next week as the children needed to practice the songs for the Christmas production. No problems there apart from the lap top in one classroom refusing to  select the tracks. It seemed to be on a random shuffle and I could only get some of the tracks to play. Luckily one of them was one we needed so we just worked on that song. After school we had a long talk/discussion on the changes in the way children with special needs are identified and taught within the school. We have so many children with complex needs in the school it feels almost overwhelming at times.
Driving home in the dark tonight the moon was shining dramatically through the clouds and I've just heard an owl hooting outside.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

The photo of clouds is hauntingly beautiful. Glad you got your hair dryer and a bonus reduction to boot. I once had a car with a broken gas gauge, I kept a record of gas purchased and miles driver. However, one day on the way to work I took a chance....and ran out of gas. From then on I took no chances and kept the tank topped.