Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 December 2014

Wet.

Another wild and stormy day but Hooray!! today is the shortest day and from now on the nights will shorten and the days lengthen. 
I've spent the whole day cooking, not something I usually spend a lot of time on but I don't mind for special occasions. The swede and carrot mash for Christmas dinner is done and in the freezer, the Christmas cake has a layer of marzipan, another batch of biscuits - nut ones this time, has been baked and some koldunai prepared. These are little  dumplings filled with onions, mushrooms and mince, a bit like large ravioli. I make them once in a while because Peter's mum used to make them. He is having some for his supper tonight and the rest are in the freezer so that we can introduce Sally to some traditional Lithuanian food. I've still got some filling left but ran out of plain flour. They are cooked in boiling salted water and traditionally served with melted butter. A good way of making a little meat go a long way. I won't be eating any supper tonight as I've been nibbling on my cooking all day long.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You've been busy and everything sounds so good.