Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 December 2014

Cold.

The roses continue to flower despite the cold winds. We had one wintry shower this morning but for the most part it has been dry with a cold wind blowing. I started my day inside and baked a lemon drizzle cake. For some reason it sank in the middle either because I opened the oven door to check on it or because I baked it in a loaf tin rather than a round cake tin. (I still call them tins even though they are all silicone.) I ate the evidence and now it looks okay, just a little shorter. A chocolate chunk cake baked later was successful. Peter has a work mate coming over tomorrow hence the baking. I spent the afternoon outside well wrapped up against the wind making a start on the stone wall. I think the reason it fell down before was that water got trapped behind the stones so this time I'm putting in some short lengths of pipe which to let the water out. 
 4.00 this evening there were a few pink clouds in the sky. 10 mins later all was grey.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Beautiful sky pictures. Just that touch of pink, wow, so pretty.

lea said...

Lovely rose, I'm reminded of one of my favorite Christmas songs, Es ist ein Ros Entsprungen (Lo, how a rose e'er blooming). I first heard it in German, so that is the version I think of.
You're right about the wall, something about hydraulic pressure caused by the water.