Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 December 2014

Grey.

It has been a grey day with drizzle at times. Peter is now home for the next 2 weeks so when he went off to the gym and to do some shopping I made some special Christmas flapjacks. This year I added cranberries and chopped dates to my basic mixture. I also made a batch of lemon biscuits. I iced some of them but a lack of an icing syringe or icing bags meant I had to spread it on with a knife. (I never did get the hang of making my own icing bags.) For the rest of the time from that I've just pottered around tidying up and wrapping presents. Peter brought home 3 bags of meat from a local butcher and as well as bagging up the sausages and chicken into portions I had to rearrange everything in the freezer to fit the meat in. There's just enough space for the swede and carrot mash which I shall make tomorrow.
Patch and Speedy are currently sporting a bulging look owing to their consumption of the whole of a hen pheasant apart from some feathers. Upstairs the 2 butterflies are quite entertaining. Yesterday morning one was standing on the other then by the evening one was down on the carpet. I used a cotton bud to move it back up onto the windowsill out of harm's way.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like a productive day in the kitchen. : )
A few peeks at the sun here but mostly it's been a cloudy, cold, gray day.