Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Gales.

These are the skid marks from the delivery man's little adventure last night. He had come down part way to our place and then reversed up (L to R in the photo) and then driven forwards onto the grass thinking he could turn around there. He used the lengths of wood from my dam to stop the car slipping any further forward and I've put them back temporarily across the road. I won't give the dam a proper sort out until the oil tanker has delivered the oil sometime this week.
It was a bit warmer this morning. I was up bright and early and had brought in lots of wood before breakfast. That gave me a couple of hours to work on the wall. I have repaired the other side of the wall as well and have got the stones to a level where I will put a row or two of horizontal stones to finish it off. The weather man last night mentioned snow but only for the high ground in Scotland and N Wales. Instead we are due severe gales for the next few days and it is already stormy outside with the wind howling down the chimney. Reminds me of last year.
As I walked around the garden this morning I was most surprised to see these primroses already in flower. I had a look at the back of the house where we sometimes have very early daffodils but they are only about 6" high. 
School was a repeat of yesterday afternoon. As well as their afternoon performance the older children are doing an evening performance so all the other teachers stayed on at school while I went off to buy more sand and cement. 

1 comment:

lea said...

There is an amazing website that shows the world's winds, based on our NOAA weather info and part of something called the Earth project. I just looked at Great Britain and it shows a huge wind stream hitting it, this is at 11 PM Pacific time, 8 hrs behind you. It's a beautiful site, fascinating patterns.
https://www.windyty.com/