Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 December 2014

Wintry.

It's been one of those days when events that initially made me think "Oh no!" turned out to be quite good. One event also went the other way then turned good again. It all started last night when I was cleaning my teeth and giving myself a metaphorical pat on the back for getting a good report from the hygienist. No sooner thought than a crown popped off. So that meant another trip to the dentist. Scroll back to earlier in the day when I had been a little disappointed when I was told that despite being booked much earlier I wasn't needed at work today. But that meant that I was able to get an appointment at the dentist at 12.00 today.

Driving in to town I was faced with road closed signs on the main road. There had been warning signs earlier saying the road would be closed on the 3rd and 4th but yesterday there were no signs of any work. I squeezed around the first sign and got on to the back road into Shirwell. From there I took the narrow winding lane out towards Snapper and into Barnstaple that way. That gave me the opportunity to take a few photos.
The dentist cleaned up my crown which I had brought along but then told me that part of the filling under the crown was loose, not good news. The good news was that he stuck it back on for the moment and a new crown can be made when I see my new dentist to finish the other crown. As I explained that I wasn't too concerned about having that tooth pulled out so that I could have a plate made and the 2 gaps that I currently have would be sorted I was astonished to be told that I could have a plate made for those 2 gaps without having any more teeth out. When the first tooth was removed many years ago I was told I couldn't have a 'bridge' because the next tooth had a crown so I assumed that was the situation when  molar on the other side had to go. Nobody mentioned that I could have an (NHS) plate in all my subsequent visits to the dentist which is quite annoying but I'm really happy that I can look forward to teeth that I can use to eat with.
After the dentist I went to Tesco's again and stocked up on some basics before coming home and starting work on repairing a stone wall in the garden. Then I turned a black fleecy short hooded dressing gown into a hooded pj top for Peter. He has been envious of my fluffy pj hoody but didn't fancy wearing something bright pink! He asked me to keep an eye out for something a little more masculine but then I thought of this dressing gown I had. It makes such a difference having something on your head when it is cold which is one reason I have a number of hoodies.

3 comments:

happyone said...

I LOVE the first photo. So very pretty.

Unknown said...

You're surrounded by such lovely scenery, Ruta. The drive must've been breathtaking! Anyway, I'm glad you quickly took action when your crown popped off. Despite that minor dental setback, it's good that you were able to get back to your normal routine soon after. Oh, and I love hoodies as well! Hehe! All the best!

Bettye Primm @ Back Mountain Dental

Unknown said...

It’s great that he was able to stick the loose crown back, so you can have it fixed along with the other crown. How is it doing nowadays? I hope you haven’t had any problems with it lately. Anyway, it is pretty nice when things that we thought are going to be rough, suddenly turns out for the better. Thanks for sharing this with us, Ruta. All the best!


Ted Grimmer @ Cody Dental Group