Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 December 2014

Frosty.

We woke up this morning to the nearest we will get to a winter wonderland. 
Only a heavy frost sparkling in the sun but with almost no sun reaching the garden it has stayed white all day long. 
Out on the hillsides where the sun had reached the fields were back to their normal green colour. 
Sally and Vytas had been thinking of a trip to the beach including a dip! but changed their plans to a walk in Braunton Burrows instead. Before going out Vytas prepared a chicken curry which has been simmering away in the slow cooker. Tonight we'll be watching the second disc of ROTK. 
They've just returned home and Vytas is about to brave the cold and split another load of logs for his poor feeble parents.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Your photos are lovely, Ruta. I have always found frost to be fascinating. Love to see the difference in the structure of frost on various plants and shrubs. I love, love it when my adult children do a job for me. I appreciate their help very much.

happyone said...

The frost made everything beautiful. : )