Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 December 2014

Chilly.

With 3 boys I never thought I'd get the chance to go wedding dress shopping but today that's just what I did. The local CLIC charity shop sells ex showroom and catwalk wedding dresses at affordable prices and Sally was happy to go and have a look.
They didn't want us to take photos of the dresses but as they didn't have a hand mirror I used my camera to give Sally a view of the backs of the dresses. 
These were her 2 favourites and surprisingly were long enough as she is slim and very tall. If she decides on one of these 2 we could go back on Monday. 
Coming back from town we were driving up the narrow lanes at the back of Pilton when I saw this cat walking in the road. I stopped, bipped the horn to get it to move but it just carried on walking very slowly. With no pavements on that bit of road the cat was sure to get run over if it was left so I picked it up and put it in the car. I parked in the next street and went knocking on house doors to see if anyone knew who it belonged to but no luck. I tried some other roads, found some very interesting houses but still nothing. Somebody suggested the cattery up by the hospital (where the ponies escaped from that time) so we drove there. It wasn't one of theirs and naturally they wouldn't take it in. I was reluctant to take it home  because none of my cats are inoculated and this one was a little frail and rather smelly. We took it home but kept in the cat cage in the car where it ate some tinned food and drank some water. I then rang around the RSPCA, a lady who runs an animal ambulance and the Cat Protection Society. The first to call back was the Cat Protection person and they happened to have a foster person only a few miles away. I took the cat over to this lady who confirmed that it was a female, probably pedigree but wasn't micro-chipped. The smell could have been due to poor kidneys and it is possible that it was abandoned once it needed vetinary treatment. At least now it is in a good hands and will be looked after. I also put a picture up on Facebook so somebody might recognise it. I'm not keen on long haired cats because you get enough hairs with ordinary cats but if it had been a real Siamese I might have been tempted to offer it a home. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Delighted you got a chance to wedding dress shop with Sally. I bet you enjoyed the time very much. Poor kitty but lovely of you to care for it. Hope it has a long, healthy life with it's new owner. Although--who ever OWNS a cat?