Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 December 2014

Cold.

We had a lot of rain last night but fortunately it stayed dry all day. Dry and cold with a little bit of sunshine so I was able to get out and do a bit more work on the wall. Then it was time for school, an afternoon of making cards with the reception children and trying to keep the noise level down while the rest of the school were performing their Christmas play in the hall.  
After school, having remembered to turn on the dishwasher (that's 3 times this term), I walked into town and bought our cinema tickets to see The Hobbit (3) next Saturday. I can't believe that it's the end of an era. Perhaps Peter Jackson can  be persuaded to do the Silmarillion next. I haven't enjoyed the hobbit films as much as the LOTR films, too much divergence from the original with some very silly moments but Middle Earth is a fantasy world I'm always happy to enter.
I took these photos on my way in to work at about 12.00. Poor Peter drives to work in the dark, spends all day working in a windowless factory and then drives home in the dark. I would find that very hard to cope with but needs must.
We've just had a knock on the door, a hapless delivery chap has got his car stuck on Paul's field. I'm not quite sure how but I think he started to come down to us then changed his mind and for some reason decided to drive on to the field to turn around and found that the ground was so wet the car was just slipping. He's put a couple of pieces of wood under the wheels and it should be no problem for Paul to pull him out either with his Discovery or the tractor. I suggested to the chap that he hand the parcel over to Paul first and then ask for help with his car. Update - Paul has just pulled him out with the tractor.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the big white clouds in the blue sky.
It's been cold here and very windy.
Glad all worked out with the man's car.