Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 December 2014

Chilly.

After being a never mind the weather I'll work outside all day person yesterday today I was a I'll spend my whole day shopping person. I was at the car park just after 9.00 and it wasn't until 3.00 that I was finally on my way home. Admittedly knowing I had an all day ticket I deliberately didn't rush but ambled from one shop to another. Friday being market day is the busiest weekday in town but there weren't crowds of people shoving and pushing which I suspect will be the case tomorrow. I didn't have too much to buy but there was the bank, library and post office to visit. They've installed a DIY parcel and letter service recently so I tried that rather than wait in the main queue. I was doing well until the screen said I needed assistance for which I had to wait. I got most of the things I needed including some home-made marmalades, jam and chutney from the farmers' stalls in the market. I also found a grey fluffy hoody in a sale which I bought for myself. At Tesco's I tried out the hand-held scanner to scan my shopping as I put it in the trolley. That's quite useful as you can see just how much you have spent. I had a voucher which took £6 off if I spent £40 so I stocked up on cat food which I would buy anyway.
I stopped at the top of the drive to take these photos as I was coming home. It had been mostly dry all day but rather cold. Every now and again there were even some blue patches in the sky. 
And from the same spot I could see that it was raining heavily on Exmoor. 
The goose family were back in the field today. I wonder if they have been here all the time or did they go somewhere else in the summer?

1 comment:

Harriet said...

The gray clouds look nasty. Winter is coming strong.