Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Grey.

It was gloomy this morning but dry enough for me to get out and do some more work on the wall. No cementing today, instead I sorted through the stones and found enough to finish off the job. As I was washing my boots and kneeling mats in the stream the solution to the problem of finding enough weed free infill for the wall came to me. The stream bed is a never ending source of natural gravel which I can use to fill in the wall. Problem solved.
This afternoon I finally got to see the reception children's nativity. This year, instead of having older children being the narrators, 4 of the reception children had memorised all their rhyming couplets and 3 of them confidently (one got stage fright) spoke their lines into the microphones. The Year 2 children were still involved as they sat around the edge of the darkened hall holding Christingles which were lit as the children sang Silent Night. I was tasked with lighting some of the candles including one held by a boy who is allergic to oranges and was actually a small cabbage covered in orange tissue paper. The reception children did really well (most of them are still only 4 years old) though there was a bit of fidgeting from the shepherds sitting near me and one went on the stage minus his head covering.   
Coming home in the drizzle there weren't any dramatic views only grey sky and a few low clouds.
I've exchanged a few emails with the cinema after I complained about the level of audience noise. My suggestion of giving people a paper cup to decant their sweets into was deemed to be environmentally unsound. My resply to that was if they had ethical concerns then they shouldn't be selling high fat or 100% sugar items which promote poor eating habits and contribute to the national obesity epidemic. And as for selling bags of crisps (potato chips) which are noisy from start to finish! Their final response was to say that they make no money from selling tickets (really?) and all their profits come from the kiosk sales so basically they are only interested in selling as many packets as they can. Oh well, at least I tried though I did hope they might send me some free tickets.

No comments: