Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 December 2014

Stormy.

With the end of my wall project in sight there was no way I was going to let a little thing like wild wet weather stop me. I togged up in waterproofs and used both of the bags of sand that I bought yesterday to complete the wall and a few other little jobs. The postman must have thought I was bonkers when he saw me in the yard. His first comment was to inquire if I was clearing drains because surely that would the only reason to be working outside. Actually apart from being rather muddy I was dry and warm and so excited to get the wall done and planted. The succulent I planted on top is hardy and does well but I'm not so sure about the grasses. They might well fail but I have more grown from the seedlings that pop up in the scree garden.
And for a reminder here is the 'before' picture taken 4 weeks ago. Quite an improvement I think.
I came back inside at 4.00, baked a chocolate chunk cake for Peter to take to work tomorrow and then started getting ready for tonight. It's our staff Christmas dinner & dance at the Motel again. My back is beginning to seize up so I don't think I'll be doing much dancing.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I hope you were able to enjoy your party. Your wall looks excellent...good job, well done. Hope you can relax for a while.