Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Brighter.

Here we all are at the The Coffee Cabin last night (that's me at the end of the table) having enjoyed a really tasty meal of beef stew served with roast potatoes, beetroot and parsnips as well as peas and carrots. I've never has a roast beetroot before but it was very nice. The cafe is owned and run by Barb's brother and has already been mentioned in a national paper. I didn't take my camera which was a shame as  there was some impressive art work on the walls and some amazing knitted items. Hanging in the widow behind me are knitted shrimps and above us were knitted crabs about 6" across, wearing red mittens and hats. One of the group is moving on to a new school and our old Headteacher had made her a photo album of school events and the children whom she had taught. That produced a lot of memories for all of us. All in all a great evening.
This morning, once I had made a potato salad and a bean & beetroot salad I headed back into town. The roads weren't too crowded at all and when I got to BJ's the trees had been reduced to £10. I decorated it this afternoon listening to the Festival of 9 Lessons. 
Vytas and Sally have just arrived so bye for now.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Looks like a fun group of women and glad you had a good time.
A very Merry Christmas to you and all your family. : )