Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 December 2014

Colder.

I had a very good time last night. For one reason and another there were only 9 of us so we only needed one table. This year we were lucky that our table was right next to the dance floor which made it a lot easier to get up and dance, in fact we spent most of the time dancing right up to midnight.  I have been suffering a bit today, nothing at all to do with drink as I only had a diet coke, water and coffee, but mainly due to the fact that having spent a year in flat footwear I danced for 3 hours in 3.5" heels. I didn't get any blisters but it was so good to slip on my Ugg boots when I got into the car. I was home in bed by 1.00, read until 2.15 to give my tablets time to kick in and by 3.15 my knee and foot were still throbbing so I gave in and took a Tramadol. That got me off to sleep but then Peter offered me a cup of tea at 6.00 which I gratefully accepted before going back to sleep for an hour. Then it was time to get up as I was meeting a friend and planned a day in town. My throat is also a bit sore but that might have been due to singing along with any records I knew. The last sore throat cleared up in a day after the imbibing of a hot toddy so I may try that again.
After meeting my friend for a good catch up over coffee and cheesecake I spent the rest of the day shopping. After the torrential rain of the last 24 hours it was a relief to see blue skies though it was a bit disconcerting to get rained on by the occasional shower while the sun was still shining. I got to see a bit of a rainbow at one point. It's a lot colder today which is one of the reasons I rushed to get the wall done.
Coming home the  sunset was quite subtle.
I think I shall be going to bed early tonight.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your evening out. : )
Pretty cold here too but still no decent snow. Wonder if we'll get a white Christmas. Unusual NOT to have one here.