Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas everybody.
I hope you have all had a peaceful and enjoyable day. For us it was lovely to have Vytas and Sally back home with us. (Romas couldn't be here but he phoned us this morning.) We started our Christmas festivities with our version of a traditional Lithuanian Christmas Eve meal - lots of fish and salads. Then Peter and I went to Shirwell Church for the Midnight Service. I felt a bit sad that I had such a croaky voice and couldn't sing too well but it was good to spend time thinking about the Christian meaning of  the festivities. Then home to creep around filling Christmas stockings and finally to relax in bed. I stayed awake reading too long but I was enjoying the peace and quiet, apart from a certain person's snoring that is. After a relaxed morning we opened the presents many of which were of the consumable sort- mmm.
Our Christmas dinner of lamb shanks was a great hit and the cats got the bones as their treat. After that we have mainly lazed around in the warm sitting room. There's plenty of time to go a walk tomorrow.

No comments: