Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 March 2017

Stormy.

A storm has been blowing all day long with the wind roaring through the trees and whistling around the house. There were a few bright spells in the morning but by the time I was planning to wrap up for a little weeding the rain and then the hail arrived. There was a burst of glorious sunshine in the late afternoon but it was only for about 10 minutes.
Being stuck indoors I thought that I might as well have a sort through of my jewellery making basket. That was mainly prompted by the fact that it was filled to overflowing and I couldn't fit another packet or box into the basket. I decided to work on the floor as this gave me plenty of room to spread everything out and I wouldn't have beads rolling off the table which would probably have happened if I'd sat at the kitchen table. The only thing I forgot to factor in was that sitting/kneeling on the floor was bad for my back and my knee something Peter mentioned when he came in. At least now I have more of an idea of what's there and most though not all of the beads are sorted into little bags or containers. I also found a double stranded necklace of what might be garnets. That's gone into my handbag so that the next time I'm in the High Street I can drop into a jewellers for a professional opinion.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Not very pleasant weather to be out in!
I seem to do a lot of things like that sitting on the floor. : )