Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 November 2018

Autumnal.

After heavy rain during the night the day was a mixture of sun and cloud with one further shower during the day.
The recent frosty mornings have put paid to the nasturtiums and the big, fat flowers on the fuchsia bushes in the front garden. (The fuchsia  in the back garden has skinny little flowers.) In the afternoon while the sun was shinning I went out and cut the front garden fuchsias halfway as the faded brown flowers looked very sad. I can see daffodil shoots already appearing so maybe I will get some early flowers next spring. They were almost non-existent last spring, I think the slugs ate them all. The nasturtiums will be next to go before I go down to the dump. Behind them are the wallflowers looking in good condition. (Just remembered I haven't pulled the fleece over the osteospermums outside so will have to pop out in my dressing gown.)
Speedy is still very unhappy with his 'bucket'. I've never seen so much tail swishing. His constant scratching shredded the strip of bandage the vet used to secure the bucket so now he's got a bit of garden string holding it in place. I'm only thankful that he takes his tablet in a bit of soft cat food straight off a spoon. That is once I've got him to stand still and let me hold the back of his bucket. I rang the cattery today hoping to book the cats in when we visit family around Christmas but they were fully booked up. There's another cattery in Braunton which I asked my FB group about and had good reports so I'll try them tomorrow.

No comments: