Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Wet.

We woke to steady rain which later on progressed to heavy downpours. One of my favourite parts of the day is the morning when there is no pressure to wake up and once I am awake there's a cup of tea brought by Peter. For most of my life I slept well and woke early ready to start the day but part of getting older is adapting to new physical limitations. 
My earlier attempt to kill the algae on the decking with fungicide didn't work so today I mixed up some oxy- granules (for pre-soaking washing) in an empty milk bottle. Stabbing the top of the bottle with a corkscrew turned it into a handy dispenser and I  sprayed the mixture over the old decking and some of the slabs. It frothed up white in a most satisfying way and I have high hopes of it loosening up the green. 
Now that Speedy can go back outside it is time for the cats to be using the cat flap. To stop the wind blowing in through the flap I brought down a cupboard door from the loft and placed it in front of the barbeque. Now all I have to do is to show the cats that they can use the cat flap again.

(Something weird is happening to this post and it won't show some of the text so having a third try.)
I finished the afternoon off with some sewing, mending my scruffy house shorts which had another tear due to them being so old. They should really go in the textile recycling bin but while I can change to wearing some light joggers around the house I still need shorts for my daily exercises. I also shortened the elastic strap for my Pilates mat. Over the year the elastic has stretched and the mat tended to slip out while hung over my shoulder. All that done and it was time to do my exercises prior to heading off for my Pilates class.

No comments: