Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 November 2018

Sunny.

It was a bit warmer today with a romantic haze blurring out the distant views. I hadn't driven to the shops for a while so today I called in at Tesco's, Asda where I found their clean plastic wrapping recycling box and Lidl's. On my way I called in at the Hospice furniture shop to donate them this Lloyd Loom chair. The lady who came out when I rang the bell turned her nose up at the chair and said they couldn't take it as it didn't have fire safety label, (I hadn't included the foam cushion). The last time I took them two similar chairs the chap recognised them straight away and was only too happy to accept them. Instead I brought the chair back home and have offered it on the 'Just-don't-bin-it' FB group I belong to.
Back home after unloading the shopping I decided to give the grass a cut, the last time I hope. The weather is set to become warmer but with lots of rain so it was now or never. I ended up with very green hands because the damp grass clogged up the mower and needed scraping out. Mowing also had the result of clearing the blanket of acer leaves on the front lawn. My neighbour was working today so she didn't get the chance to cut her share of the communal grass. It's bin day tomorrow so I put out our wheelie bin. With so much going into the different recycling sections our main bin only gets about a quarter full even in two weeks. That might also be because we buy very few ready made items which along with a ton of additives, salt and sugar come in a lot of unrecyclable packaging. 
We had a golden end to the day with reds, oranges and pinks diffusing across the sky.

No comments: