Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 November 2018

Dry.

Speedy is BORED! I came downstairs this morning to find the contents of a basket of containers, kept on a shelf above the fridge, scattered across the kitchen floor. Lots of tail lashing when I ignore his requests to go outside. He gets his last antibiotic pill tomorrow morning but the bucket isn't coming off until his leg is fully healed.
Peter fixed the front door lock by removing the lock cover and re-aligning parts of the lock. In the afternoon I took a bag of garden waste to the dump and went on to do some shopping. I was hoping to get some more of those large cyclamen from Lidl's but they were all gone. Instead I got a half price dark purple aster from B&Q. It looks like a dwarf Michaelmas daisy though it may just have been artificially dwarfed but either way it's a pretty flower. With Bonfire Night being celebrated this weekend and Halloween over Christmas has pretty much taken over Tesco's. Trees and decorations everywhere, Christmas jumpers for every age, enough chocolate to bring on diabetes and sparkly Christmas party wear. Nearly time for me to bring out the cards bought in last year's sales. I found myself stopping at the decorations even though I have absolutely no need for any extra decorations. 
Nothing special about the weather today apart from some interesting cloud formations and some cloud iridescence. A frosty morning and a dry day. This evening we watched the Bideford (over 10 miles away) fireworks from our bedroom window. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

At least all the containers were plastic and nothing broke! : )