Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 November 2018

Wild.

It has been a stormy day, which I love, with the bonus of being very warm. I could tell that the wind was wild when out of the bedroom window I saw leaves being blown upwards. It's been two weeks since Peter's eye op. and he's now allowed to exercise so he was disappointed when the strong winds put paid to this morning's rowing. During one of the less wet spells I gave the decking a scrub with the yard broom and the green does seem to be coming off. I suppose I really need to get down on my hands and knees and give it a proper scrub. 
This afternoon I finally got to grips with the pet feeder and following several attempts it is now moving round at the set times. It would be so much easier if these sort of things had a separate button for each function rather than using two buttons which have to held for a set amount of time in the correct sequence. I'm thinking, "oh dear what a Luddite I am." but actually I wish I could talk to it and set the times verbally. Not having a smart phone the only voice activated gadget I come across is the one on the Sky controller. That's a real nuisance because the button is on the side of the controller so that often when the controller is picked up a message comes up saying "I'm sorry I didn't get that, try again." On the couple of times I've tried it couldn't find the programmes which were there on the listings.  I think there needs to be some improvement to the technology.
                         
Off now to choir for an evening of fun and singing.

1 comment:

lea said...

I will have to try the oxi-granules on my green paving, here on the wet side of the Pacific NW I get plenty of moss. I really do not want to use chlorine bleach.
I have none of those voice activated gadgets!