Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 November 2018

Running on Empty.

I don't always sleep too well and by 5.30 this morning I realised I wasn't going to get any sleep at all. It's the first time for a very long time that sleep has completely eluded me. I pass the time listening to the radio through headphones. That may not sound conducive to sleep but it does help block the sound of Peter's snoring. After the shipping forecast at 1.00, Lundy (here) gale force 8 to storm force 10, Radio 4 changes to the World Service which has some interesting programmes. The only down side is the news on the hour is the same each time and I really do not want to hear about the song of the Blue Whales any more. I got up at 6.00 to do my exercises, made tea and crept back into bed to do some Sudoku while listening to the radio and the sounds of the stormy weather outside. Several bins had been blown over and some recycling had been blown onto the grass. When I put our recycling out last night I'd made sure to tuck the bags into the top of the box with the food caddy on top holding everything down.
With the winds blowing from the south it wasn't too cold. I was able to watch the showers approaching from the sea. We also had moments of sun, often while it was still raining. I haven't bothered to have a nap, don't because I always feel dreadful when I wake, so I'm interested to see how long I can keep going. I've done all the usual stuff; exercises, housework and music practice and still don't feel tired. I even typed up my Christmas letter for Peter to print. I better read it through one more time to make sure it makes sense.
After choir yesterday some members brought in their arts and crafts for sale. I wish I'd taken my camera because it was all beautiful. There were origami tree decorations and cards, felted animals and decorations, jams & chutneys, earrings,  aprons and pot holders, photo cards, birdfeeders made from wrought iron and tea cups & saucers, painted glasses and stained glass decorations, mirrors and sun catchers. Think Etsy.
Somebody must have knitted scarves for Christmas presents because there were some balls and part balls of exciting textured yarn and a note saying 'help yourself'. I couldn't be greedy and only chose this sparkly ball of burgundies, aquas and gold. I don't have a specific plan but I'm sure I'll think of something.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope you're getting a good nights sleep tonight.