Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 November 2018

Cold.

It's been a mainly grey gloomy day with a little sun in the morning. There was a good wind blowing so I washed my heavy towelling dressing gown, great for after a shower, and got it out on the line.
After the relief of having his bucket taken off yesterday Speedy was out of the door like a shot when I allowed him out today. One of the neighbhood cats was meowing and Speedy went off to investigate. 
The recent warm weather confused this primrose in the garden which along with the cyclamens is brightening up the garden. 
Looking across the fields I could see smoke billowing from the solitary farmhouse on the hill. It took a closer look with the binoculars to see that the smoke was coming from behind the house, presumably a garden bonfire and nothing to worry about. There were also plumes of smoke coming from the trees, it must be bonfire time. I haven't done much out of the ordinary today though I did settle on some designs to finish off my project. Peter went out to collect a 5L bottle of extra virgin olive oil which a friend had brought over from a family olive grove in Spain. I've just finished the last bottle using it to make a lovely honey and mustard salad dressing for my daily salad.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Cold and cloudy all day here. We never did get to see the sun.

John Warner said...

Hey buddy here is good news for Xbox user i found Free Xbox Live Codes 2019 just visit the my site and grab the code now and download news games from Microsoft store.