Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 November 2018

Sunshine.

We had a sunny morning which included a few heavy showers. Out in the front garden some of the bulbs I planted last year are making an appearance. I don't really want to use slug pellets but it would be a shame if they all got eaten as happened last year.
With all the recent heavy rain I was concerned that the trays under the leaky spots in the  garage might be full. Luckily when I went down to check they hadn't overflowed onto the concrete. I emptied out a bucket and a half of water. The bucket is now also under the worst spot so I don't need to worry so much. If only our dreckly builder  would hurry up and finish the job across the way and do our garage roof. Peter has been trying to find someone else to do it but nobody is keen. In between baking some more peanut and chocolate cookies for Peter I worked on the designs for my next project. The cookies were slightly different again this time. I was working on autopilot and put in two eggs instead of the usual one. The recipe calls for one egg and one egg yolk which is just plain silly so I usually use one egg especially as adding the peanut butter makes the mixture quite soft. Today I added extra flour and though the cookies rose more they taste fine. I'm watching what I eat at the moment ie. cutting out sugary treats but I had one of the cookies to see how they tasted and Peter thought they were very tasty. The cookies last longer when I'm watching what I eat. 
 Sunset.

No comments: