Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Mainly Wet.

There was a little sun in the morning which lit up the orange and brown hues of the autumn leaves. Heavy drizzle set in during the afternoon which continued on for most of the evening. I was about to head off to Pilates clutching the umbrella when I realised that the rain had temporarily stopped so I left the umbrella at home but left my mat inside a plastic bag. Tonight we were back to the 'aerobic' Pilates, hard but satisfying. It's my core and inner core muscles that need a lot of work as evidenced by my difficulty in balancing or doing things like sit ups (the physio advised not doing those yet). I shall work hard on balance to help reduce the risk of falls when I'm (much) older. 
Speedy was not in my good books tonight. I'd fed them before I left for Pilates but failed to put the tin of cat food in the fridge (so my fault really). Speedy had managed to scoop out about half a tin of food as his bulging tummy and the mess on the floor showed. I had been thinking the tiled kitchen floor needed a wash but I hadn't planned on doing it late in the evening before I could eat my supper. Speedy will be on short rations tomorrow. 
In the afternoon I brought down all the things I need to write up the family journal down to the desk in the sitting room. Sorting out the correct italic pen and then practising my version of Middle Earth lettering took a while. Then I had to read through the later entries in the journal to remind myself of the writing style and also to relive those memories. I'm not one of those people who remembers dates and details of events at a flash but a single sentence or part sentence brings back the memories. (I don't think that's an age thing as I've always been like that.) Especially when the same sort of thing happens year after year. That's probably the main reason for writing the journal.

No comments: