Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 November 2018

Sunny.

The day started off rather grey but soon the sky cleared and it was sunshine all the way. Warm in the sun and bitterly cold in the shade. I know because I was outside in shorts using the scratch repair kit on the car which happened to be in the shade. Today I applied the primer to the worst of the scratches and to some bare spots along the edges of the doors. I'm not that bothered about the scratches but as I got the kit for free I might as well tidy the car up a bit. Also I wouldn't like to see rust appearing though the scratches weren't down to the metal. 
With the afternoon sun shining in through the windows the rooms at the front of the house were lovely and warm. Speedy, with his nearly healed foot, was relaxing on my study window sill. The setting sun was an incandescent sphere of molten metal that was so intense it was hard to look at as it sunk below Hartland. 
With December nearly here the season of Christmas Fayres has begun. This morning I went to one at the Pilton Hall on my way into town. Lots of lovely handmade stuff; cards, decorations, jewellery, photos, truffles and so on but I didn't buy anything. We certainly don't need any more decorations however lovely and this year I'll mainly be giving my own home-made/ baked items. I thought about going to a bigger fayre tomorrow being held in the Pannier Market (above) but probably won't. 
Being Saturday the Pannier Market was filled with craft and antique stalls of a more commercial nature. Lots of lovely things to look at. 
The main reason for going into town was to collect my prescription. The first time I looked through the doors of Boots I could see a long queue so I went off and got a red cabbage for Peter's coleslaw and some button mushrooms to add to my evening salad. When I returned there were just two people in the queue in front of me. Both of those had problems with their prescriptions but eventually I got to the counter. Yes, there was my bags of medicines ready for me …….. lacking any Naproxen which had been the main hold up on Wednesday. Off went the harassed serving lady to find the paperwork from my GP's surgery which was eventually found. She took the Naproxen from the shelf (where they had both 250s and 500s) but had to have them checked by one of the pharmacy staff sitting out of my sight but no more than 10 ft. away.  She repeatedly asked for my medicines to be checked but I ended up waiting 15 minutes. To add insult to injury on the counter was a box of small cards inviting people to take part in an on-line customer satisfaction survey. I got a certain amount of pleasure in recording exactly how poor the service is due to a lack of staff both serving and in the pharmacy. We've had enough and on Monday we shall arrange for our prescriptions to be collected from a different chemist.
.

It was hard but I refrained from buying any of the home made cakes at the fayre or from this stall on the market. It took me a long time to get back to my healthy eating diet which I intend to stay on until I lose the weight gained since moving. Christmas will be the exception that I look forward to but I'm glad to be back to recording my weight daily and seeing going it down, slowly but steadily. 
Back home I carried on with my project and got the second Rohan horse done.

No comments: