Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 November 2018

Goodbye Creaky Door.

After a night and morning of heavy rain it brightened up sufficiently for me to walk into town.
A new shop made up of a number of smaller traders selling all sorts of old/antique stuff.  
I visited the library, brought some supplies for my next project and a cat's collar to keep Speedy's bucket on rather than a length of bandage tied round his neck. There were two collars with bells in the pack so naturally he's wearing the pink one and I've taken to calling him Tinkerbell. 
When I got home I found that our friend the builder (not the drekly handyman), had been and changed the one of the hinges on the kitchen door as the original hinge had developed a spooky creak each time the door was opened or closed. Chatting to Peter in the kitchen he spotted that one of the doors of the wall units was hanging crookedly. Being a bit OCD nothing would do but that he emptied out the plates, muttered darkly at the very poor installation and not only fixed the door but screwed the unit to the wall securely.
I got the energy supplier sorted out, not going for the very cheapest quote but taking account of the ratings by Which magazine as well. 
This evening's sunset blotted out by storm clouds.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I enjoy shops like that. You never know what you might find.
Glad your squeaky hinge got fixed.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi there, I've found your blog via Karen at happyone.

I do enjoy shops like this too, so nice to have a mooch and look about.
Yes, it has been very wet today in the UK … wellington boots needed, but the grandchildren love splashing in puddles :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

All the best Jan