Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 19 November 2018

Chilly.

It's been a day of sunny spells along with a freezing easterly wind blowing straight from Siberia. Although the cat flap has the watering can in front of it to stop Speedy from getting out the wind was blowing into the kitchen. I found a piece of wood in the loft, a side table top I think, that was the right size to block off the cat flap. 
Peter went out with the car so I couldn't see how my scratch repair was doing and apply the final clear coat but I found a very good second use for the varnish. It was just the thing to repair a very deep scratch across one on the marble floor tiles in the hall. I'd looked on line but the only solutions seemed to involve a marble polisher which not surprisingly I don't have. A fine line of varnish worked perfectly. 
For the rest of the afternoon I carried on with my project which today involved some embroidery and some sewing.  

No comments: