Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 November 2018

One Year On.

It's been exactly one year since we moved into Pilton. Oh, the chaos of those first few days and the hard work of the next seven months sorting things out, repairing the various bodged jobs and decorating most of the house.



Now the house is bright and airy with glass panelled doors letting the light flood through the white painted ground floor. The new windows keep in the warmth from the upstairs (new) and downstairs radiators and the floored and insulated loft with drop down ladder provides a handy storage space.
As for the back garden, the dark and dangerously slippery decking has been rearranged, new steps made and the derelict shed removed. 
Many hours have been spent enjoying the sun on the re-laid decking at the top of the garden.
Today the weather has been grey, cold and increasingly wet. I finished writing up my journal in the afternoon. Peter had to go for a routine blood test so he did the shopping on the way home. Incidentally when he rang the hospital the other day about his eye operation he was informed that not only was he a Type 1 diabetic but he had also had a heart attack. Not correct but it was there on his record. It's not as if his record could have easily been mixed up with somebody else's, there are only 4 of us with the same surname in the whole country. (Sally kept her surname.) Somebody must have ticked the wrong boxes on a computer.
As we've been here for a year it's time to sort a new contract for our electricity and gas. First thing was to check our current account and there I ran into problems. They've upgraded their web page and I needed to create a new password with numerals and special characters. Even following the instructions I ended up going in circles creating three new passwords and not knowing which to use when it told me again to create another password. I rang the provider and was advised to start again and create a new account. That didn't work so I rang again. The person on the line tried her best but in the end she had to ask me for the last password I'd used. She and I both had a laugh when I admitted that by then my bad mood resulted in the password 2bloodymuch! being my latest creation. We got it all sorted, with a new password but I put off going through the comparison sites to find another good 12 month deal until tomorrow.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Hard to believe it's been a whole year already since you've moved. Lots of improvements and it all looks great.
Crazy how Peter's record got messed up like that. At least it was just on paper!!
Cold, snow flurries and very windy here by us today.

Harriet said...

One year and many changes and updates.

Strange mix-up for Peter to straighten out....hope all goes well!

Oh passwords....very frustrating!