Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 November 2018

Colder.

Surprisingly there was no rain today but it does feel colder. The most exciting thing that happened today was getting a new brown plastic bag for recycling cardboard. I'd gone out with a couple of empty tins to add to my recycling box when I saw that the lorry was already here. My neighbour had taken her box to the lorry and was chatting to the recycling man. I went and got my box to save the chap having to collect it from the grass and then asked nicely for a new bag. The last one had to be thrown away as something slimy was growing inside it. 
Coinciding with the latest news stories about the vast increase in the number of people developing type 2 diabetes and subsequent cost to the already stretched NHS not to mention other medical problems caused by poor lifestyle choices (poor diet, lack of exercise, drinking and smoking), our house is turning into a gym. Peter is between arthritis flare ups and getting back into his exercise regime using his rowing machine, weights, and gym ball, all in his room. The sitting room houses the exercise bike used daily by both of us and even my small study has a full length mirror and room for a yoga mat and my small weights. 
Having got through my morning routine I spent the afternoon working on my journal. Just spring and summer of this year to write up and I'll be up to date with that job. 
Cat Stories - I was chopping vegetables in the kitchen when there was the clunk of the cat flap. Since the vet said to keep Speedy in until his leg is fully healed I blocked the cat flap by putting the watering can in front of it. No way for the cats to exit that way but I'd fed Patch in the conservatory with the door open and somehow he'd squeezed past the watering can to get in.
The other day  I noticed some damp fur on Patch's back leg and thought that he was becoming a bit incontinent. Today I watched him sleeping in the tiny box he prefers and realised he was just dribbling in his sleep.
Speedy never meows, apparently cats only meow to communicate with humans but Speedy either wails on the way to the vet or if he really wants something he makes a 'ah, ah, ah' sound which I call baby cries.  

No comments: