Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Eye Surgery.

A very early start today, at least for Peter. He left the house at 7.00 to walk up to the hospital for his cataract operation. (I had offered to drive him but he preferred to walk.) By 9.45 I got a call from the hospital to go and collect him. He reports that it was not an unpleasant procedure which is a good thing as he will be having the other eye done, probably after Christmas. He had a long chat with the surgeon, not the same one as before, and is now reassured that his astigmatism which is only in one eye will have little affect on his overall vision. The eye done today is the one with astigmatism and not opting for the toric lens means we don't have to pay out £2,500 as the regular surgery is covered by the NHS. Peter has spent the day with a clear plastic shield taped over his eye making him look like one of the Borg but from tomorrow morning he'll only need to wear it at night for two weeks.
The weather today has been bright and breezy, perfect for getting the washing dry. 
Getting up earlier meant that I got through my usual routine and still had plenty of time for doing other things. After I brought Peter home I drove down to the Co-Op to get some porridge oats which we were low on. Peter had gone shopping yesterday to stock up but had left his list at home and forgot about the oats. We have porridge every morning so the oats were needed. Even early in the day there were a number of reductions. I got some scotch eggs for Peter. He's really cut back on processed meats but does like a scotch egg once in a while. I resisted the chocolate cheesecake and instead got some fancy low fat/low sugar yoghurts instead. 
Sometimes the curtain in my study flaps in the wind so today I concocted tie-backs for both curtains. I fixed two stick on hooks straight on the wall and cut a piece of soft cord in two and stitched loops at the ends. It looks a little twee with the curtains held back but there is a noticeable difference in the amount of light and view. 
Peter bought me a pomegranate yesterday so I thought I'd look on-line to see if there was a better way to get the seeds out with making a terrible mess and ending up with the bitter pith. And there was, well I expect everyone knows but it was new to me. I had to cut the skin around the middle, pull the two halves apart and then holding half of the pomegranate in one hand bash the outside repeatedly with a wooden spoon. Fun to do and out came all the seeds.
Pilates again tonight. We did a whole set of exercises that left me with burning thighs, must be doing me good. I will admit to giving up on some of the exercises or just doing part of them but cheered up when we did anything that involves bending forwards as I'm pretty flexible in that direction.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really I am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Here we also know about a hospital named Icreate hospitals which offer the best cashless eye operation in Delhi with the best doctors at an affordable price.