Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 November 2018

Good Results.

Peter was delighted with the clarity of vision he now gets with his new lens and although his eye feels a bit gritty and sore he can't wait until the other eye gets done. He did have a small problem with his reading glasses which was fixed by taking out one of the lenses. We tried to do it at home but even the tiny screwdriver in our glasses repair kit wasn't small enough. Instead I took them to the opticians who took out the lens without charge. 
I went into town to pick up our prescriptions from Boots and now understand why Peter doesn't like doing that job. The first time I went up to the dispensary there were 6 people waiting in the queue and only one person serving so I went off and came back later. At my second attempt I was the only person in the queue though it took a long time to sort out the couple at the counter. When I got up to the counter it was to find that they hadn't made up our prescriptions (ordered a month in advance!) and could I come back in 15 mins? Also they didn't have 3 of my items in stock. One of the missing items was Naproxen 500mg (pain relief) which they don't expect until the end of the month. Peter's Naproxen 250mg was in stock but they couldn't give me double the amount of 250mg instead. I had to go home and phone my doctor's surgery requesting a new prescription for 250 mg tablets which I would be able to collect tomorrow afternoon or the next day. Luckily I can 'borrow' some of Peter's tablets but what if that wasn't possible?
I fared better in my craft needs. One of the charity shops has a haberdashery section where you find all kinds of buttons etc. They had the 4 colours of embroidery silks that I needed and not only did I save some money but I was supporting the local hospice. The grey felt I needed I got from the local haberdashery shop which is filled with highly tempting fabrics and trimmings. I just want to buy them without having any project in mind. I've always like textiles and loved seeing the textile section in the Royal School of Art degree exhibition that my mother would take me to.
It's been another bright and breezy day, more washing out on the line and dried enough to iron this afternoon. We had choir this evening after a 4 week mid-term break so I spent some time learning the words to Crossing the Bar and Time after Time (which Peter dislikes). It has been quite mild today so I wore shorts to choir. We sing in a big function room at the rugby club but with 40+ of us it always warms up. Tonight they even opened up the outside doors but I still felt comfortable and didn't need to put my fleece on until we left. When we got home I began to panic when I couldn't find the house keys at the bottom of the bag I carry my song folder and drink in. The keys must have slipped out of my bag either at the club or in the car. I was all set to start the search when the mystery was solved. I'd locked up and left the keys in the door! A good thing we live in a safe area and I certainly won't be doing that again.

No comments: