Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 November 2018

Mild.

It's been a mild, grey and dry day. Yesterday the warmest place in the country was Chivenor, just down the road. Gloomy for most of the day but the sun tried to break through for a while in the afternoon. I find that the lack of sun sends my mood plummeting and makes it hard for me to feel motivated to do anything. Having a very structured set of jobs/exercises to do every day gives me that extra push to get on with things.
Didn't quite get round to doing any of the jobs on my extra 'to do' list but I did give my study a good tidy up. I have so much stuff in here that even a small amount of mess makes it look awful. I had built up a pile of papers etc. that needed sorting. We have separate bags for paper and card recycling and I tear off any parts that contain personal information for the shredder. I've also been saving the outer plastic/cellophane wrappings from things like sets of tins or kitchen roll as Asda is supposed to take those for recycling. Now I have a nice tidy desk and all my important paperwork is filed away.
Being November 5th it's officially Guy Fawkes/Bonfire night and all evening I've been hearing the bang and sizzle of fireworks, probably from family parties as the big public displays tend to be on the weekend. Some went off in a nearby garden quite early on. They sounded as if the whole lot were lit almost at once as there was a rapid series of bangs etc. and then nothing.

No comments: