Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 April 2019

April Showers.

It's been all change today with frequent wintry showers. Taking Speedy to the vet I had to run to the car to escape a sudden shower of hailstones. At the vets' I was astonished to find that Speedy's previous visit was back in October last year. The vet noted the fleas which have reappeared despite regular prescription flea drops  and suggested I bring the next dose forward a week and also respray the furnishings. She said it wouldn't be possible to bandage Speedy's feet to stop him finding ways to lick them but prescribed a soothing gel and steroid tablets to reduce the itchiness. The bucket stays on for the time being. That all cost me £85 and I have to take him back in two weeks. You can imagine what Peter said about that.
Peter was quite poorly last night with sweats and chills but is a lot better today. He insisted on taking his temperature again before he went to sleep because if it hadn't gone down (which it had) then I'd need to call the doctor. He does tend to get a bit dramatic at times.
With frequent hail showers I put some fleece over the trailing geraniums for a little protection. Yesterday's mowing hadn't done my back any good and I reluctantly had to forgo tonight's Pilates class. A shame as it was the last session for this term. 
To speed up the flea destruction I gave Speedy a thorough combing something which he does enjoy.  He lay there purring contentedly while I dispatched 10 fleas. (Crushed in between tissue paper with  the back of the nit comb.)


1 comment:

happyone said...

An expensive trip to the vet!
Hope Peter is feeling better.