Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 April 2019

Cold.

Not so many showers but it has been bitterly cold. I'm not surprised that snow was forecast to fall on Dartmoor tonight.
With Peter still coughing and spluttering it fell to me to collect our monthly prescriptions. This I did after first driving over the bridge to get some shopping at both Lidl's and Tesco's. I also stopped at B&Q to pick up a large tin of decking stain to smarten up the decking in the back garden. Then I drove round the other side of town to one of the streets where you can park for an hour for free. I dropped off some curtains and bedding at the Hospice Shop. Then off to the chemist, surely after two months of not having the prescriptions ready there wouldn't be any problem? Especially as Peter spoke to the surgery's Practice Manager last time. But guess what? No prescriptions, that's what. Just as the last two times the chemist claim to have sent their side of the paperwork to the surgery last Thursday but the surgery claims that nothing has been recieved. Either somebody is lying or else doesn't know how to use the ordering program properly. While I was there the chemist sent a Fax to the surgery and I phoned, standing out in the street because there was no signal in the chemist's, Peter who then had to phone the surgery. With some luck the prescriptions should be ready tomorrow but we'll phone first before I walk in to town. Not only is it a nuisance to have to go back but you can only pick up your prescription 28 days after the last one by which time you have used up all the medicines. I'm lucky because for some reason I seem to have spares of most of my medicines but Peter doesn't and he really needs to take them regularly. Next time we'll have to start phoning the surgery and the chemist the week before which will only add to the workload of their very stretched staff.
I found this picture of Dartmoor today.

No comments: