Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Too Many Twos.

No rain today, a little cool but not enough to need a fleece or jacket. This afternoon I took myself off to the surgery for my appointment with the nurse to check my lung capacity. It was only when the screen didn't recognise me and I went to the receptionist that it began to dawn on me that today wasn't the day of my appointment. I knew full well it was on the 2nd at 2.20 but for some reason, and the tiny printing on the appointment slip, I thought it was on Tuesday rather than Thursday. Silly me. I still needed to call in at Lidl's as I was completely out of vegetables for my salads and a few other things. I stopped in at several of the big DIY places looking for a small paving slab which I need to cover a broken drain in the garden. All I could find were slabs that were much too big. There are still few places to try so hopefully I'll find something.
This evening I went to the first Pilates class of the term. I don't know how long we'll be here but I really need my Pilates and don't fancy going to one of the gyms around here for one off classes. There were only eleven of us and I got chatting to one lady who had just moved into the area. I may also have persuaded her to give the choir a try as it really is a good way to make friends. The class was quite hard work but I went at my own pace and stopped early on some of the exercises. I even managed several sit-ups which is really good progress.



No comments: