Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 April 2019

Sunny.

I took a chance that it would stay dry and walked up to the hospital for my ENT appointment. I was seen fairly quickly but I wasn't that happy with the appointment. The doctor listened to my list of symptoms, put a camera into each nostril (disappointingly I couldn't see the screen)  and pronounced my sinuses clear and not the cause of my breathing difficulties. Fair enough and at least I know there aren't any polyps but I was surprised when he said my reported symptoms were nothing to do with my sinuses. The red mask across my face which gets worse when my sinuses ache was dismissed as an atypical facial symptom which translates as "Don't know what it is". He did say that the only treatment he would have been offering would be surgery which I would had refused as I know too many people who have had the surgery without any improvement.
Fortunately I also had an appointment to see my GP later in the afternoon. She too was surprised about the dismissal of some of my symptoms though she did say that some surgeons only think in terms of surgery and aren't used to dealing with problems in other ways. I got the impression that she thought my plan to be referred to the hospital again when we move to Wales is a good idea. In the meantime I've got an inhaler to see if that helps and an appointment with the nurse to check my lung capacity.
Walking up to the hospital I was saddened to see that work has started on building more houses in one of the fields that leads down to Manning's Pit. 
From the doctors' I called in to Lidl's to get some shopping, mostly fresh vegetables. They had some stringless runner beans going cheap- 20p. I cooked some to go with our supper tonight and they were tasty and had no strings at all. When I grew my own runner beans I never picked them early enough and they weren't very nice.
Doing my floor exercises late last night worked out well but it is now 11.00 and I still haven't done tonight's exercises. Maybe I'll just do some to stretch out my back.

No comments: