Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 14 April 2019

Chilly.

It has been cold and grey for most of the day with just a glimpse of blue skies before the sun went down. 
This morning I went through a couple of  the boxes stored under our bed and ended up with 25 more slim fitting vests to give away. I'm sure I might have come up with a fantastic craft project using all the different colours if I put my mind to it but then again maybe not. Much better that they raise some funds for our local hospice which does an amazing job. I found some other tops as well to give away. I think one reason for collecting so many clothes, apart from my fluctuating size, was that when I was going out to work I felt the need to wear something smart (to my standards) and different each day. Now not only do I not wish to be reminded of the stress my job put me under but I'm happy to wear a just couple of different tops at home.
In the afternoon I used up the decking stain on the planters and a bit on some of the old boards as well as tidying up the narrow gap between the conservatory and our neighbour. 
For the last few days Peter has been complaining that the pouffe that he rests his feet on when we watch television in the evening, is too big and too high. Yesterday I went through a page of on-line pictures with him to see what kind he might like. That way I could keep an eye out when I go in the charity shops that sell furniture and check some of the FB selling groups I belong to. This morning I saw an armchair and foot stool being offered for free. The chair was in poor condition but the lass was happy for me to have just the foot stool. I went and collected it, posted the old cat clawed pouffe on the free group and somebody is coming for it tomorrow evening. Peter is very happy with the foot stool and I even have a big panel of the green leather that I saved when I chopped up the 2-seater sofa which I might cover the brown fake leather with.

No comments: