Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 April 2019

Wet.

It's been a cold, grey day with constant rain that put paid to my gardening plans. Instead I got on with those small jobs that have been needing to be done for a while. 
I finished altering the last two long t-shirts and made two new small tube bandages for Speedy's feet. I wanted to cover both of his feet so that he can't scrape them against ? which he may have been doing accidently or deliberately. Then I used my sewing tape measure to measure Speedy's girth, a fat 15" and ordered a cat harness (a sort of jacket thing) and lead. I want to get him used to it so that he doesn't have to travel in his cage which he really doesn't like.
I also did some admin that I'd been putting off and by the time all that was done it was time for exercises again. I've upped the weights on each ankle from 2kg to 3kg for the leg exercises the physio gave me to protect my knees. She also said to increase the resistance on the exercise bike and from pedalling at the lowest settings I now do 10 mins at 11 and 5 mins at 12 (it goes up to 15) twice a day. I'm willing to follow any exercise regime if it's going to stave off the inability to walk. 

1 comment:

lea said...

Oh my, I measured my cat's girth and it's 20", it would be 19" if I made it tight! He's a really big guy, not obese, although his Vet thinks that he needs weight control. My daughter said that Stonehenge cost £50 for the four of them, but it's a one time thing after all.