Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 April 2019

Dry.

For some reason I left the conservatory door open last night giving Speedy the chance to spend the night outside. Fortunately he didn't damage his feet. Maybe the bucket made him uncertain about scrambling up over the wall.
It remained hazy for most of the day with the sun not really making itself felt until the late afternoon. It was at least dry so I was able to paint on a second coat of stain on the old decking. For the rest of the afternoon I got on with sewing that zip and it is finished at last. The first row of stitching took forever as I needed to push the end of the needle through with my thumbnail for every stitch as the waterproof fabric, Gortex I think, is tough to sew through. The second row was a lot easier as I was only stitching the new zip to the old zip. 
It was so nice later on at the front of the house that I enjoyed trimming the round bush with the deadheading scissors. The tiny white flowers cover most of the bush but the new leaf shoots have grown beyond them. Hence the careful trimming of each long leafy shoot to reveal the flowers once more. It's quite a painstaking job and so far I've done about half of the bush. 
I've been so busy today that there wasn't time to do my exercises. Normally I go to bed once I've posted my blog but I think I'll do my floor exercises now (10.20) to stretch my back after the painting.

No comments: