Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Grey then Sunny.

The day began grey with a chilly wind then turned sunnier and much warmer in the afternoon. I went over to B&Q for some more decking stain and discovered that they no longer give a 10% discount for the over 60s on Wednesday apart from on garden items. 
Back home I began preparing the two decking steps for their smarten up. Once the acers in pots were moved out of the way I began by giving the ivy a hard pruning.  I left some of the older stems as they break up the flat profile of the fence and I think the berries look good. After sweeping the decking it still needs a wipe before it is ready for the stain.
I also went over to Asda to put a bag of clean plastic in their recycling bin. As I checked out the clothing section I came across more of the V-neck tops in some new colours to go with the black ones I already have. With a bit of alteration they disguise my less than svelte body and show off my neck tattoo. The grey and pink tops are in a heavy t-shirt fabric and very long. They were all such good value too. With all this addition to my wardrobe I went up to the loft and cleared a whole box of vests in a great variety of colours but all a bit too fitting around the middle. They'll be off to the charity shop asap. 
Peter's been very busy organising people to make reports on the electricity and central heating in the bungalow and he's also getting several builders (recommended ones) to look at the work and give us some prices. The last thing to do is to organise a report on the drains as there have been so many lean-to's added man-holes may have been covered up and it would be better to sort any problems before the rest of the work gets done. 

No comments: